If you are popping supplements in the hopes of living a longer and healthy life, a new study finds that you would be much better off investing that money in nutritious foods. The study found that supplements did not increase life expectancy at all and in some cases even shortened it. Nutrients and antioxidants from whole foods on the other hand, were found to lower risk of death from heart disease and stroke and lower the overall risk of dying, during the six years of the study. The body can regulate and limit the absorption of nutrients from food. The body is incapable of that same regulation with supplements.
The American diet is very heavy in nutrient poor processed foods and refined grains and sugars; all of which are linked to inflammation and chronic disease. On top of that, as we age our body’s ability to absorb nutrients from food decreases. Sadly, something even as basic and common as the multi-vitamin was found to be of no benefit in preventing early death; according to a study conducted by the Annals of Internal Medicine. Since then the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force doesn’t support vitamin and mineral supplementation to ward off disease. The best and really the only way they recommend to improve your life long health, is through real food. Food that provides both essential and nonessential beneficial nutrients, such as carotenoids, flavonoids, minerals and antioxidants.
Personally I have known this sad but true fact for years, but have still chosen to rely on supplements. For me getting optimal health and nutrition from whole superfoods, wasn’t a very viable and realistic option. Even if I wanted to eat Moringa Leaf, Kale, Pumpkin, Chia, Turmeric or Reishi, how was I suppose to go about eating those foods? Personally, it didn’t seem very realistic.
Finally some years later, I had an epiphany and came up with the answer. Add a holistic superfood option, to my line of balsamic vinegars. Balsamic Vinegar is already very healthy and many already eat it for its numerous health benefits such as lowering cholesterol, reducing blood sugar, loosing weight and improving skin health. More importantly balsamic vinegar has a very strong, sweet taste that pairs well with foods meant to be eaten for health and not taste. You could add bunches of whole dehydrated healthy superfoods to it and hardly be able to taste it. In fact, it actually tastes quite delicious with a few added creamy and savory superfoods such as pumpkin and Ceylon cinnamon. We don’t call it gourmet nutrition for nothing! We are proud to have the first and only Holistic Superfood Balsamic Vinegar. It has all the best superfoods, that provide optimal and whole real food nutrition and all in one balsamic vinegar.
HOW TO USE:
Add a small amount everyday to whatever you are eating…vegetables, salad, chicken, pasta and you will have your added nutrients, minerals and antioxidants that your body can absorb and regulate. We even added a few creamy and savory tasting superfoods for good measure and taste, along with the best superfoods on the planet. The ingredients in our Holistic Superfood Balsamic Vinegar are pure balsamic vinegar (cooked grapes), dehydrated pumpkin, ground Ceylon cinnamon, organic chia seed powder, dehydrated moringa leaf, dehydrated turmeric, dehydrated organic kale and dehydrated reishi mushroom.
COMPREHENSIVE INGREDIENT LIST AND BENEFITS:
1) Balsamic Vinegar: Balsamic Vinegar has many health benefits. It has antimicrobial compounds, acetic acid and antioxidants. It can reduce blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure. It can also promote weight loss and healthy digestion.
2) Pumpkin: Pumpkin is very rich in vitamins and minerals; particularly Vitamin A. Vitamin A is great for eye health and so are lutein and zeaxanthin. These two compounds are linked to lower risk of age related macular degeneration and cataracts. Pumpkin boosts immunity with Vitamin C, E, iron and folate. It also has excellent amount of potassium and fiber for heart health. Potassium rich diets lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of stroke.
3) Ceylon Cinnamon- This is one of the most delicious and yet one of the healthiest spices on the planet. It is loaded with polyphenol antioxidants, even more than garlic. It has a confirmed anti-diabetic effect and can help regulate blood sugar levels. It can help reduce total levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides. It has anti-inflammatory properties. Its anti-microbial effect can help fight tooth decay and bad breath. Lastly, it can help protect the brain from neurodegenerative diseases, by inhibiting the build up of tau.
4) Chia Seed Powder: Chia seeds are very high in Omega 3 and have more Omega 3 than salmon. It has massive amounts of nutrients with very few calories. It is one of the best sources of fiber in the world. They are loaded with antioxidants that fight free radicals that contribute to aging and diseases like cancer. Chia seeds are ideal for people who eat little or no animal products, as they are high in quality protein with a good balance of essential amino acids. They are also very high in bone protecting nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and protein.
5) Moringa- Moringa is very rich in Vitamin C and provides 157% of the daily value of Vitamin C. It is a powerhouse for nutrition. Moringa has 92 nutrients and 46 different antioxidants; including beta-carotene, quercetin and chlorogenic acid. People in third world countries with insufficient unbalanced diets, use it as an important source for filling in the nutritional gaps and providing essential nutrients. It protect the liver and kidneys, fights bacterial diseases, reduces the severity of asthma attacks and nourishes skin and hair.
6) Kale- Kale is king among vegetables. It is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. More importantly, it is a good source of minerals that people do no usually get enough of. Kale has more Vitamin C than an orange and is one of the few great sources of Vitamin K. It also has several cancer fighting compounds such as sulforaphone, indole-3-carbinol and kaemperfol. Sulforaphone helps to fight cancer formations at the molecular level. Indole-3-Carbinol helps to prevent cancer. Kaemperfol has heart protective, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral effects.
7) Reishi Mushroom: Reishi mushrooms are known as the mushroom of immortality. They are rich in compounds called triterpenes, which can improve oxygen utilization and vital organ functioning. They are high in water-soluble polysaccharides which are the main cancer fighting and immune boosting elements in reishi mushrooms. Lastly, they help to fight fatigue and depression.
8) Turmeric: Turmeric contains bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has very powerful anti-inflammatory effects. For this reason it can help with arthritis, sometimes even more so than anti-inflammatory drugs. Turmeric boosts BDNF levels or brain derived neurotrophic factor. Common brain disorders such as depression and Alzheimer’s have been linked to decrease levels of this hormone. The fact that Turmeric increases the levels of this hormone, would suggest that it has great brain disorder protective factors. Lastly, it is very popular for its overall anti-aging benefits.