It can often be hard to think of ways to use balsamic vinegar. On the other hand, you can use it on almost anything. However, each flavor has its own naturally complimentary uses depended on the taste; sweet, tart, savory, etc. etc. Pomegranates are a unique fruit. In the fruit world, they can most readily be likened to the tart, semi-bitter taste of unsweetened cranberries. Most are familiar with what accompanies cranberries well, so this makes it a lot easier to envision whether or not Pomegranate will readily accompany the meal, salad or side dish that you are thinking of. For pairing, our Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar pairs well with our Orange Citrus Olive Oil. The sweet taste of oranges, combined with the savory taste of the extra virgin olive oil, is a natural compliment to tart pomegranate.
Breakfast- With Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
1) Pour some black cherry balsamic vinegar in your yogurt, to add extra fruit and stir.
2) Drizzle over pancakes or waffles.
3) Drizzle over a bagel or English muffin.
4) Add some Pomegranate balsamic vinegar to your morning smoothie.
5) Drizzle it over your morning oatmeal and stir. This is a great way to add natural sweetness to bland oatmeal, without adding sugar. By mixing it, you also ensure that you get the tart, sweetened taste of pomegranate in every bite!
Lunch- With Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
1) Drizzle in your wrap or sandwich, as a substitute for mayonnaise.
2) Drizzle over pasta salad.
3) Make pomegranate glazed balsamic chicken and add it to a pomegranate topped fruit salad, for a light low carb lunch.
4) Drizzle over a salad (alone or with olive oil).
Dinner- With Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
1) Drizzle over your vegetables such as green beans or butternut squash. Butternut squash is one of those ‘fruits’ that is traditionally delicious with cranberries. The butternut squash has a nice savory, deep tones that pair well, with the tart taste of cranberries or the sweet taste of aged balsamic vinegar. Pomegranate is the perfect replacement for cranberries. There is nothing quite like pomegranate butternut squash. Both healthy and delicious.
2) Again, anything that tastes amazing with cranberries, will taste fantastic with pomegranate balsamic vinegar as well. To that end, pomegranate balsamic turkey is really something. Glaze a turkey and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. Bake it and drizzle additional pomegranate balsamic vinegar over it, once it is done. You will end up with a very moist, tender and delicious turkey.
3) Pour over an arugula salad. Arugula is the perfect salad choice for pomegranate balsamic.
Dessert- With Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
1) Drizzle over ice cream or frozen yogurt.
2) Drizzle over brownies.
3) Drizzle over cheesecake.
4) Drizzle over fresh fruit, for a light and sweet, yet healthy dessert.
5) Drizzle over yogurt, for another light, healthy, tart and sweet dessert concoction.